baslinux - [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2

  • From: Andy Ashbaugh <andy AT andyashbaugh.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:49:29 -0500

Hi everyone:
I'm trying to install BL2 on an old 75 Mhz processor I acquired recently, but I'm having difficulty installing it to the hard drive. The box has a CD-ROM, but I haven't been successful at getting any OS to recognize it, so I'm installing from floppy disk.
I've successfully partitioned the hard drive into four linux file systems (one for boot, one for swap) and formatted them with mke2fs. I mount the boot partition at /hd. Then, because I don't have a working CD-ROM, I copied the necessary Slakware packages into tmp from floppy disks. I mount the 2nd hard drive partition at /cd and set up the necessary file structure there (I've triple checked it for accuracy), and I move the eight required slackware packages into their respective directories.
So far so good, but when I try to run the install command, I get the following error:

gunzip: go.gz: No such file or directory

Is go.gz something I need to get from the Slakware mirror and put somewhere? How do I solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Andy