baslinux - Re: parport_pc disables mdacon, was Re: [BL] mdacon problem in BL2 on hard disk

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: parport_pc disables mdacon, was Re: [BL] mdacon problem in BL2 on hard disk
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jan 1990 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > The cure is not to automatically load the module
> > during startup and just use it from a VGA terminal
> > to print, then reboot and reload mdacon to use
> > the TTL monitor again after printing.
>
> Is rebooting really necessary? Can you not insmod
> the module(s) and then reload mdacon?

I tried. Load parport and parport_pc without mdacon.
Load mdacon and it does not work. Can't fix this by rmmod parport_pc.

Or: Load mdacon, it works. Load parport, still works. Load parport_pc
and the TTL monitor becomes illegible. Rmmod parport_pc, does not help.

Maybe I should unload mdacon before insmod parport_pc but I don't think I
can do that while I am booted to linux with it. It told me it was in use.

I might try a different Hercules card. Maybe they load to a different i/o
address? They are all IRQ 7. There is supposed to be a way to specify
io on the insmod line.

As often as I print with linux, this is not important. And I can turn on
the other computer, transfer the file (via floppy disk or ethernet) to
there and print that way.

I can't find libxP which xpdf wants in SW71. I will look in SW81. The
older version of xpdf did not require it. So it is not just glibc that is
a problem when switching between versions of SW.