baslinux - [BL] pmail file format

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] pmail file format
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:54:01

Hi list,

I have just had a look at the e-mail programs in BL2 and BL3 and
am wondering what the 'headmask' option in pmailrc file means.

Actually the BLs message editors have improved a lot. Anyway if I
were forced to use a minimalist Linux installation to compose mail,
I would probably prefer the www interface of my e-mail provider.
What seems, however, quite interesting to me is to use BL for
automatic mail transport, and for getting rid of spam.

I found a compiled binary of mailfilter. Unfortunately it does not
seem to support more sophisticated regular expressions. So I can
catch only about 10% of spam. 90% will be downloaded - so I would
like to sort them out immeadiately after downloading.

------

In order to set up a scheduled e-mail downloader for the holidays
I would like to find out further details on pmail file format:

1. Will pmail be able to send individual mail files with complete
headers, eg. created by DOS mail clients? How can I put them
into the outbox file?

2. How can I split incoming mail into individual files? Would it be
enough to leave out the first line of the header in order to make the
format compatible with DOS mail clients?

3. Has anybody tried to use pmail in connection with procmail or
other filtering systems?

4. Would emailSMTP/fetchmail from BL1 be more convenient for
these tasks?

--------

A completely different question: Does anybody know, where to get
cyrillic download fonts for matrix printers EPSOM LQ-570, 870 etc.?
I am able to write drivers for my word processor, I just need the
fonts.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov