baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux on CD

  • From: russ loroville <bontemps AT m-net.arbornet.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux on CD
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:45:06 -0400 (EDT)

I have burned a copy of BL2 onto a CD. I am using it now to write this
message It works okay on my p133,40mb ram (win95) . but gives a:
"kernel panic :vfs : Unable to mount root fs on 01:00" on my celeron
466mhz 192ram (win98). Any thoughts why?
It is * much* faster loading from cd than floppies but only boots from
a dos session( ie once in dos cd to cdrom then boot.bat or autoexec.bat-will
load from either of these "bat" files located on cd). It writes to and
reads from the floppy disk your saved settings for your ISP.