baslinux - Re: [BL] X with choice of windows managers

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X with choice of windows managers
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:05:19 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Is there some way to have two .xinitrc's and choose between
> them,

Have you considered having two different usernames? Each
would have with a different ~/.xinitrc. You could even
configure one (or both) to automatically startx as soon as
you enter the username (i.e. null password and startx in
~/.profile).

> Is there some way to load opera without first making an rxvt?

There should be. X applications are executed directly
without using an xterm (rxvt). It is only CLI applications
that are executed via an xterm.

> I experimented and nothing else works for me.

Perhaps you are not executing the Opera executable?
Perhaps you are executing some kind of CLI loader for Opera?