baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux on CD

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux on CD
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:54:40 +1200

russ loroville wrote:

> > > It works okay on my p133,40mb ram (win95) . but gives a:
> > > "kernel panic :vfs : Unable to mount root fs on 01:00"
> > > on my celeron 466mhz 192ram (win98). Any thoughts why?
>
> THE COMPUTER WILL BOOT FROM A BL2 FLOPPY

So it boots from the floppy, but not from the CDrom.
That probably means the problem is not in BL2. It more
likely has something to do with the way the CDrom boots.

> IT HAS SHARED VIDEO RAM

And there is a potential fishhook. I know very little
about bootable CDroms, but I seem to recall something
about them loading an image (2.88mb?) into RAM. So, if
you have the video grabbing RAM and the CDrom grabbing
RAM and loadlin grabbing RAM, something might go wrong.