baslinux - Re: Arachne for Linux (was [BL] updates)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Arachne for Linux (was [BL] updates)
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:27:14 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:12:17 -0400 (EDT)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> If you need a uudecoder, the DOS version of Arachne has one available and
> Arachne is now supposedly available for linux so you could look there, or
> there are sure to be others around.

Arachne for DOS is under active development. :)
It is now GPL, and a team has formed - more C-speakers are welcome.

Arachne for Linux has not been looked at for about two years or so.
It will install and run (incompletely at the moment) in BL2, but it is
not as functional as, say Dillo, at the moment. I have it, but I don't
recomend it.

YET !!!!

Arachne for Linux is a bit down the track, and it will arise from a newer
DOS template, but I am sure looking forward to it.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke