baslinux - [BL] updates

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] updates
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:59:31 +0000 (UTC)

Just a short update on my system in case anyones interested :)

I installed glibc.so 2.3.2 and the program newsplex 4.2 works perfectly
now. Through all my research into my problems, the one thing that kept
coming up was that the error I was seeing seemed to be slightly common
with the version of glibc.so that ships with SW71 (2.1.2?). So installed
the SW91 version of glibc.so (2.3.3) and newsplex now works with no
errors. There is one program that ships with it that requires
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 and from what I've gathered, this is in the
cxxlibs.tgz package in /slakware/a3 directory (I'm guessing that I'd need
the version from SW91 here as well). The program that requires this
library is simply a manual uudecoder, so it's no big loss if I don't
install the cxxlibs.tgz package.

Thankfully, so far, I've not seen any problems with using the newer
version of glibcso, but this may be because I'm not doing any compiling,
so I don't have to worry about mixed libraries.

So all my problems that I was running into were fixed by one library
upgrade. Thank you to everyone who had advice and suggestions for how to
fix all these problems.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org