baslinux - Re: [BL] New to BasicLinux... my interest and some questions

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New to BasicLinux... my interest and some questions
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:17:26 +1200

Tim Rue wrote:

> Basic Linux only has a 15meg hardfile... not leaving
> enough room for AROS...

It is possible to create a larger file (using mke2fs)
and transfer the contents of fs.img to the new file
(using send/receive). Rename the new file fs.img and
put it in C:\baslin. Let me know if you want detailed
instructions (and how big you want the new fs.img to be).

> The second problem is that Basiclinux doesn't seem to
> regonize anything outside of itself as runable (correct
> me if I'm wrong here).

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I've used BL3 to run
executables residing on a DOS partition.

> to run not only basiclinux but AROS (if it will run)

If AROS is a Linux binary, it probably uses the current
Linux library (glibc2). BL3 uses an older/smaller library
(libc5). It may be possible to add the glibc2 library to
BL3 by installing a package from Slackware, but AFAIK nobody
has tried that.