baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: a newcomer's question

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: a newcomer's question
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:26:47 +1200

Lamotkin AT softhome.net wrote:

> MC from BL1 site really works with BL3.
> (For me it's strange to create such a mix of OS versions,

Sorry about the confusion. I wanted a small/fast library
for BL3. uClibc is the smallest but it isn't stable yet,
so I used libc5 (which is half the size of glibc2). Because
libc5 was also used for BL1, it means that most of those
packages will work for BL3 (until it moves to uClibc).

> There is another problem. I'm trying to deploy tetris
> from BL1. It needs "libvga.so.1" to run.

BL1 came with libvga to display graphics. BL3 comes with
X to display graphics. Unfortunately, programs that display
in libvga do not work with X.

> The general question is how to find "some_lib"

In Slackware there is a file called MANIFEST.gz which
lists all files in all packages. You will usually find
it in the /slakware directory of every Slackware archive.
A search on that file will usually find what you need.