baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: a newcomer's question

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: a newcomer's question
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 May 2004 Lamotkin AT softhome.net wrote:

> Thanks to all of you for the help.
> MC from BL1 site really works with BL3. I tired to revive other mc's
> from earlier SW versions.
> (For me it's strange to create such a mix of OS versions,
> I was actually looking for a "lightweight" Linux distribution,
> the one derived from a recent version, but coming with tiny
> utilities/packages set, while allowing a user to add desired
> software.)
> So let's close the issue.
> There is another problem. I'm trying to deploy tetris from BL1.
> It needs "libvga.so.1" to run.
> The general question is how to find "some_lib" among a distribution
> file set. Is there any Must_Die-like "layout.inf" to determine
> the ".tgz"? Or maybe there is a web search engine looking through
> archives?

Can you just copy over the libvga from BL1 in this case? BL1 and BL3 use
the same library. Make sure you also have a symlink from the version that
the program calls for to the one you have if they are different. ln -s
actual called-for. Or you can just rename your version.

BL2 has a MANIFEST.gz (large file) that lists all the files and where they
go. zless MANIFEST.gz. Lynx will read gz files online, links won't.

What is the equivalent of MANIFEST.gz for BL1 and 3 (SW 3 and 4)?