baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:31:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > I might try this same set of fonts in BL2. What does it
> > mean to strip fonts?
>
> I removed the ocircomflex, ntilde, udiaeresis, etc.
> That reduced the size of the fonts about 50%.
> The best font (the scalable) was not stripped.

Is the scalable font added for use with Netscape, and the other fonts used
with rxvt?

I am hope to duplicate your BL3 Xvesa setup and fonts in BL2, and would
like a scalable font for Opera, which is hard to read with just the Xvesa
builtin fonts. I like lucida. Which scalable font are you thinking of
using?

> > You mail something to a link immediately, while browsing.
>
> You obviously don't pay by the minute. I do all my composing
> offline.

Those of us in the US mostly have unlimited service. Any chance you
could, some day, give the choice of 'send now' or 'put in outbox (send
later)' or 'do not send (discard mail)'? I was able to modify the script
to send immediately but not everyone will be able to figure that out.

> > I would also appreciate vga=ask in order to use 100 or 132
> > columns in text mode.
>
> Then substitute the bare.i kernel for the BL3 zimage. I am
> not going to increase the size of the default kernel just so
> you can see more columns. It is *much* more important to keep
> the kernel slim for systems with 4mb RAM.

I realized later I could also substitute the BL2 kernel.