baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 BkSp &Mail reader (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 BkSp &Mail reader (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:51:27 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> BackSpace acts as a Del key in X mail reader/writer (with e3pi).

We could not find any way to correct errors on the To: line after hitting
Enter to proceed to the Subject line. The mail writing program seems to
have its own line editor. This is important for a dyslexic person.

Where would we look to edit or even write mails without using this program
but with e3pi instead?

I use DOS netmail for smtp/pop mail. Fill in the .ini file (phone,
comport, login, passoord, From) and then type the address on fhe first
line, subject on second line, skip a line, message body, optionall an
attachment on the last line, which is automatically encoded when it is
sent. Name the file mail1.out, mail2.out, etc. Use any editor . Incoming
mail is named mail1.in, etc. Read with any editor.

Would anyone want to set up a script to write mail like this using e3pi?
You can also do /CC, send to multiple addresses with commas, and probably
many other useful things. I don't know how to write any but really simple
scripts.

Netmail dials, connects, sends/gets mail, hangs up when done.