baslinux - [BL] BL3 BkSp &Mail reader (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 BkSp &Mail reader (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:17:50 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:10:01 -0500 (EST)
From: jdeigert AT stu.wccnet.org
To: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
Subject: BL3 BkSp &Mail reader

BackSpace acts as a Del key in X mail reader/writer (with e3pi).
But there is a cursor. It is a white box with black border.

It works when telnetted, using pico at my shell account.
The cursor is now a black box with green border (not a green square).

(My partner Jim is trying out BL3 on a computer where I
have not run xmodmap to remap the backspace to a backspace.
I had this problem in BL2 as well, so did a few other people).

Jim would like the Internet menu made more understandable:

Dial PPP
Mail
read/write (c to compose)
fetch
send
Browser (g to enter URL)

How would you describe microcom to add it to the menu?
We would like telnet added to this menu, too, if you want to write some
script prompting people to enter hostname.

Sindi and Jim