baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail source code

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail source code
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:13:11 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> I should observe that on other xvesa distros I've tried,
> setting vga= to anything other than the default value sort
> of screwed up things up in console mode (the command line
> where you type input was way off the bottom of the screen
> where it couldn't be seen).

I had exactly the same problem with Xvesa on two different
systems. It appears that Xvesa does not restore the console
screen to its orginial geometry -- it simply assumes 80x25.

So the decision to remove the kernel's capability for other
console geometries did two things: it reduced the size of
the kernel and it avoided the geometry problem with Xvesa.