baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail source code

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail source code
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:14:25 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > > I tried to add "vga=ask" to the command line for BL3-02.
> > > It was ignored; why would this be?
>
> What command line did you try to add it to? I would like to try this in
> Bl2. My book says you need to use it with lilo. Do I put it in the
> boot.bat file and if so, exactly where?

Usually you just stick it at the very end of boot.bat. I too tried vga=5,
hoping to get smaller fonts (relatively speaking), but without success.
According to what Steven's saying below, this resizing is not possible
with BL3. I should observe that on other xvesa distros I've tried,
setting vga= to anything other than the default value sort of screwed up
things up in console mode (the command line where you type input was way
off the bottom of the screen where it couldn't be seen). Don't know if
this was peculiar to that hardware setup or some conflict xvesa has with
these vga modes.

James