baslinux - Re: [BL] initrd-x and BL3

  • From: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] initrd-x and BL3
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:15:18 -0500 (EST)

> > I am trying to get the xvesa ramdisk to run,
> > but I am having problems.
>
> Oops, that's just something I knocked together quickly
> for James. It wasn't really meant for general consumption.

Oh right. I was just looking because I was interested in how much X you
could get in a ramdisk really.

>My suggestion is to wait for BL3. It's only a few weeks away.
Cool - I am looking forward to BL3 anyway.

I've currently got BL1 installed + gcc + X + various other bits to my
old 486 laptop, and it works pretty well, but X is S...L...O...W... I'd
expect it to be pretty slow on that laptop anyway (only 8Mb ram), but I saw
the Xvesa thread, and thought I might have a look at whether I could persuade
that ramdisk to run on it.

By the way, what version of libc did you decide on for BL3?

Thanks for the help and advice, and for all the great work on BL,

Ian