baslinux - Re: [BL] Realplayer8 and .bin

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Realplayer8 and .bin
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:03:03 -0500 (EST)

I read the instructions more carefully and put ./ in front of the file
name. It appears to be a script. It executed and installed Realaudio (I
think, something appeared on the screen and I can run it as
/usr/local/RealPlayer8/realplay but I don't have sound loaded so it cannot
find the audio device). However it still told me while executing:

Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#3131ce".
Segmentation fault.

Maybe this only affects the movie player, which I have no intention of
ever using. I wish you could download just the audio part, which would
probably make this much smaller.

I was using svga server while installing, not xvesa.

This computer (the 500MHz) unfortunately won't be very useful for
Realaudio since it does not have enough ISA slots so we can't put in a
SB16 card. It has some sort of ESS chip onboard which I don't want to
spend time fiddling with.

I wonder what I am doing wrong on the other computer.

Dosemu is now .tar.gz not .bin.