baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:32:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> That's weird. I've never seen that error before.
> Looks like it might be related to a faulty kernel image.

I thought it might be too. So I downloaded a fresh copy. Same error.

> Let me make sure I am understanding this correctly. You
> get that message while the kernel is still booting? It's
> not related to the wireless LAN initiation (which happens
> after the kernel has completed booting)?

Toward the beginning of the boot process is when it happens. I don't see
any of the hardware detection messages. It gets almost immediately to
that error message and halts. I've made an alternate bat file to boot
this kernel, and just copied my current loadlin booting file, only
changing the name after "loadlin" from zimage to bzimage and renaming the
file. This is not a standard DOS partition, btw, but a PTSDOS partition
I'm booting from. I don't have any idea if this could have anything to do
with the problem I'm encountering.

> How old is your loadlin.exe? The old loadlin (in BL1) could
> not handle larger kernels, but the current loadlin (in BL2.1)
> is fine. I can't remember exactly when I updated loadlin.exe,
> but it was several versions ago.

It's the loadlin that came with the latest release of BL2. Have you tried
booting any bzimages with that one?

James