baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:20:05 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> > For wireless LAN, you should replace the BL2 kernel
> > (zimage) with the bare.i kernel (bzimage).
>
> Just trying this out has not worked. When I try to boot
> with this kernel, I get the message
> "ran out of input data system halted"

That's weird. I've never seen that error before.
Looks like it might be related to a faulty kernel image.

Let me make sure I am understanding this correctly. You
get that message while the kernel is still booting? It's
not related to the wireless LAN initiation (which happens
after the kernel has completed booting)?

> Do I need a newer version of loadlin to boot the bzimage
> or something?

How old is your loadlin.exe? The old loadlin (in BL1) could
not handle larger kernels, but the current loadlin (in BL2.1)
is fine. I can't remember exactly when I updated loadlin.exe,
but it was several versions ago.