baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless networking and BL2
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:18:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > the card probably would still not have worked since a
> > certain kernel configuration option (COFIG_NET_RADIO)
> > is disabled in the BL2 kernel.
>
> That is correct. For wireless LAN, you should replace the
> BL2 kernel (zimage) with the bare.i kernel (bzimage).

It sounds from what you're saying, Steven, like all I would need to do to
get wireless working is to boot using the bare.i kernel. Since the
machine did detect the Wavelan card ok when I ran /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia
start this kind of makes sense. I guess I'd have to still comment out
those lines in /etc/pcmcia/wirless.opts that I read about, too. It
remains speculation at this point since, at the moment, I have access
neither to the Wavelan card nor the wireless network.

James