baslinux - Re: [BL] mounting by user

  • From: russ loroville <bontemps AT m-net.arbornet.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mounting by user
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:10:13 -0400 (EDT)

For floppies try this:
alias a:='umount /mnt;mount /dev/fd0 /mnt;ls -al /mnt :more;df -h /mnt'

Only when you mount the first floppy by typing "a:" will you get an error
message(it still works though, you can take out any floppy after the first
any time and it will work without an error message just like DOS.
My cdrom will not open without umounting so this may not work for cdroms