baslinux - Re: dosemu Was Re: [BL] Running jmce

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: dosemu Was Re: [BL] Running jmce
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:05:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, russ loroville wrote:

> The web site page is:
> www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1834&p=7
> If you can't find it at that site then go to the www.anandtech.com and
> page down to "cpu...IntelPentium4 3.2ghz-The real slim shady/then page
> down to where it says"Review Index Select" open the menu(double arrow) and
> select "page 7..Gaming performance... UNreal tournament. There should be a
> graph there with about 15 entries with about 10pentium 4's and 5 AMD's.

The graph on that page is a macromedia flash graphic, Russ. I'm not
entirely sure my browser is rendering it correctly (there's no animation:
when I think of macromedia flash, I think of animation), but I do
definitely see a graph there. Linux browsers had a really miserable time
with macromedia flash stuff 'til they finally wrote a new Linux version of
it some months ago. This applies to Mozilla and its variants for sure:
I'm not sure how well/poorly Opera would have handled it. You could try
installing a new macromedia flash plugin and see if that helps. I rarely
use Opera, so I'm not really sure how it would work. Maybe you could find
some help docs on the Opera site about updating plugins? Hope this is
some kind of help.

James