baslinux - Re: [BL] Macromedia?

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Macromedia?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:42:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, russ loroville wrote:

> > Going to sites like that makes me regret having installed macromedia flash
> > :) . Actually, I couldn't find the graphs in question.
>
> SO YOU DID INSTALL MACROMEDIA AND YOU COULDN'T SEE THE GRAPHS?

Russ:

I wrote a second message to the list about this last night; did you see
it? I do have the latest (or at least a very recent) version of
macromedia flash on this newer computer (on which BL2 is *not* installed).
I couldn't find the graph the first time I tried, not because of
macromedia flash, but because I needed more precise URL info so I wouldn't
have to go rooting around that site. You provided more precise URL info
in your second post, and following that link, I *was* able to see the
graph and, by right-clicking on it (using Galeon browser) was able to
confirm under its properties that it was a macromedia flash graphic. I
was a little confused by it since I usually associate macromedia flash
with animation, whereas the graph, at least under my browser, wasn't
animated. But other indications are that it is a macromedia flash
graphic. So, yes, I did see the graph the second time, when you gave the
exact URL. Maybe the reason you couldn't see it is because the older
version of Opera that you're running doesn't handle macromedia flash well?

> THANKS JAMES

You're welcome. Hope you can find info on resolving the problem on
Opera's site.

James