baslinux - Re: [BL] Consol Fonts

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Consol Fonts
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:57:20 +0000

Day Brown wrote:

> It is Ironic that I could take the Linux penguin ANSI
> graphic,

What penguin ANSI graphic?

> and smooth out all the edges so that it looks about the
> same as any other cartoon, on a DOS screen.... but you
> cant do this in Linux.

Who says you can't do it in Linux?

> most users have no clue how to change the default consol
> from the standard 25x80 to either 50x80 or 25x40,

Most newbies have no clue. Experienced Linux users
(and I don't mean the point-and-clickers) usually know
how to change from 25x80.

> could this be done in BL with 'vga=80x50'

vga=extended

> rather than, as cited 'vga=ask' ...?

vga=ask gives the user a choice (which is what was asked for).
But it is certainly possible to specify a font. Simply make
note of the number of the option (shown on the vga=ask menu)
and put it in the vga= parameter. For example on my system,
option 3 is 80x28. To set 80x28 automatically:
-----
vga=3
-----