baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: dosemu

  • From: "James Miller (office)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: dosemu
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:22:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Day Brown wrote:
> >
> > I see that you havta be root to change the terminal
> > font in Linux.
>
> Any user can change it. Just add vga=ask to the
> loadlin line in boot.bat.
> loadlin zimage vga=ask root=/dev/ram initrd=baslinux.gz

I probably have my terminology all screwed up, being more knowledgeable
about things like word processing and document formatting than about
computer programming, but it seems to me what's being talked about here is
more akin to resolution. Like screen resolution, which seems also along
the lines Day was asking about (he said something about 80x50, I believe).
So the answer is probably appropriate to the inquiry. I tried the
vga=ask option Steven suggested and, although it wasn't precisely what
I was asking about, I did end up being pretty pleased with the results.
But, when I think of changing the font, I think of font face - Times New
Roman, Verdana, Arial, Courier and the like. Can someone help me somehow
clarify my (mis?)understanding of these terms and their import?

James