baslinux - [BL] Fwd: Can't shutdown or halt from X (BL2)

  • From: Andrew Langdon-Davies <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Fwd: Can't shutdown or halt from X (BL2)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:19:31 +0200

If I have logged in as normal user, then su, shutdown just freezes the keyboard, everything else works and I can load apps from the menu or logout and start again with keyboard working; but su, halt does the same as halt by root above.
Reboot works ok in all situations.
I would like a normal user to be able to shut down using su and then halt or shutdown.
Is this possible?
TIA
Andrew