baslinux - dosemu Was Re: [BL] Running jmce

  • From: Ken Martwick <kenm AT efn.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: dosemu Was Re: [BL] Running jmce
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

Steven <qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org> wrote (in part):
> There is a version of DOSemu available here:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/emulators/dosemu/
> which includes an installation script. No compiling is
> needed. It appears that all you need to do is run the
> installation script and answer a few questions.

I have tried twice (using BL1) to download and install the
appropriate files. If I am logged in as root, the instal-
lation goes well, but root is not allowed to run dosemu.

A "normal" user cannot download the files, so I downloaded
them as root and chown'ed them to my user id (and group).
Then, logging in as that user, I cannot even create a sub-
directory in which to unpack the files! Can "normal" users
run anything other than "whoami"?
Ken Martwick