baslinux - Re: [BL] Running jmce

  • From: "James Miller (office)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Running jmce
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:52:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Day Brown wrote:

> which is gonzo faster than dragging a mouse around. It'd be nice if BL
> could 'exit' to the dos prompt, but since DRDOS boots in 20 seconds,
> that aint a big deal.

What about dosemu? I think that can get you to a DOS prompt under Linux
pretty quckly, and without any need to reboot. I've never managed to get
it working myself (I haven't made a very concerted effort and am only
marginally computer-literate anyway), but others here seem to use it
regularly. IIRC, Chris (BL1 maintainer) has it set up and working well on
his system(s). He, and perhaps others, could give tips on getting it
working under BL2. I'd like to listen in on any such discussion, since I
might be able to finally get it going on my system as well.

James