baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 crash!!!

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 crash!!!
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:59:30 +0000

russ loroville wrote:

> I tried to re-install the glibcso.tgz and cxxlibs.tgz
> packages by copying the installpkg to memory version
> of bl2 and using the command:
> "ROOT=/hd installpkg /hd/tmp/glibcso.tgz"

That looks like it might work. But I'm not sure that
installpkg works correctly by itself. There are many
other files in the pkgtool set and installpkg might
rely on one (or more) of them.

> It didn't work.

What error message did you get? Perhaps something
about ldconfig not being found? Try running ldconfig
(from the ramdisk) by using the one on the HD:
-------------------------
/hd/sbin/ldconfig -r /hd
That might be all you need to get your glibcso.tgz
to work. Normally, after you install a library
package, installpkg automatically executes ldconfig
(to link the library -- otherwise the system won't
find it). ldconfig is not in the ramdisk version
of BL2. So, when you installed glibcso.tgz package
(from the ramdisk), installpkg was unable to find
ldconfig (therefore leaving the library unlinked).