baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 crash!!!

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 crash!!!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:39:05 -0500 (CDT)

Russ:

Can you use your arbornet shell acct to unpack the .tgz files you need?
If so, and if you can put the unpacked material into some dir there, you
could figure out the file structure of the packages, copy those files from
arbornet (ftp? email attachments?) to a floppy on the local machine you're
on, then insert them from floppy into your BL install using the ramdisk
version. Sort of convoluted and a bit time-consuming, but it seems like
it should work. Probably Steven will have better ideas, but you seem a
bit desparate and maybe can't wait for him. If so, you might want to give
the method I've proposed a try.

James