baslinux - Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:00:43 -0400 (EDT)

> > > So do I but the screen is a bit scrambled and the computer hanged.

> I do have another 16M RAM computer and a 8M RAM. If I can get this
> computer to work it will good as I have been using it for sometimes.
>
> > If you cannot, you may not be able to run programs that need svgalib.
>
> Then that will be it, I cannot run these programs with svgalib. It is
> good to know and I have tried.

You will probably be able to run programs that use svgalib on your other
computers, but before you install svgalib check the documentation to make
sure your video chip is supported. The computers with 8M and 16M RAM will
do graphics much faster. 16M is also enough to run Opera.

> > I think this means that you have an internal math coprocessor which is
> > using IRQ13.
> >

> It does not help in this case.

This is very interesting. I have never heard of a coprocessor that does
not work with all programs. Let us know if the coprocessor emulator
works.