baslinux - Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)

  • From: Neo Sze Wee <neoszewee AT gmx.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:23:39 +0000

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 10:03:59AM +0000, qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> Neo Sze Wee wrote:
> >
> > First of all I am using a BL2 equivalent slackware.
>
> With a 2.0.0 kernel? I don't think so.

Yes, I am replying to you now with the kernel. My dmesg says:

Swansea University Computer Society NET3.035 for Linux 2.0
NET3: Unix domain sockets 0.12 for Linux NET3.035.
Linux version 2.0.0 (sag@DiD) (gcc version 2.7.2) #15 Thu Jan 6 00:12:32 EST
2000

> > Actually it is the rescue disk from the slackware 9
>
> BL2 is based on Slackware 7.1. The libraries (and some
> dependencies) are different in Slackware 9.

Most of the times you are able to run older binaries with newer
libraries but not always the other way round.