baslinux - Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Report from syschk and some related questions (Was: Locale)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:01:13 -0400 (EDT)

> > > I cannot run these programs with svgalib.
> >
> > Have you tried BL1 on that computer? It has svgalib
> > preconfigured. Just run "fun" and select Orb, Minefield,
> > or Linux Inside (they all use svgalib).
> >

> I may be able to run those programs but the one I like running is links2 is
> not running. I want to check out how links2 renders graphics compared to
> zgv,
> which I am able to run fine with chipset set to vga in libvga.conf.

Is svgalib in BL1 set to use a vga chipset? If so, you can look at how it
was done and then do the same thing in BL2 and maybe Links2 will work
then. Steven is suggesting that you first see if the BL1 graphics
programs based on svgalib work on your hardware, and if so, then you just
need to configure svgalib properly for BL2 (first try the same settings as
BL1, then you can experiment with other settings that will give more
colors than 16).