baslinux - Re: [BL] pdftotext

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdftotext
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:55:39 -0400 (EDT)

> > > VIDEO--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Active Video: VESA VGA (Version 1.1)
> > > BIOS Source: WESTERN DIGITAL INC.
> > > VESA OEM ID: Western Digital Inc
> > > VGA ChipSet: Paradise WD90c31
> > > Max Video Resolution: 1280 x 1024 with 16 colors
> > > Max Video Colors: 256 (1024 x 768)
> > > Video Memory: 1024 KB
> >
> > I looked in the svgalib manual for Paradise and Western Digital and this
> > chip is not listed in the list of supported chips, which explains why it
> > is not working properly with Links 2.1.9 in graphical console mode.

> > Does your chip work with Xvga16?
>
> Yes. And also Xsvga but very slow.

This is probably because you have only 4M RAM, and the kernel and X and
Links are using more than that, so you need to swap to the swap partition
on your hard drive. Do you see it accessing the hard drive a lot?

> > I have no idea why pdftotext for DOS won't work for you.
>
> It should be because I have no math coprocessor. I have downloaded an
> emulator and will try out soon.

But Syschk says that you do have a coprocessor, that it is internal and
that it is using IRQ13.

Maybe your coprocessor is a strange one, or it is broken, or the program
does not recognize it.

> > I am still waiting for Doug to get back with me about the pdfimages
> > program and what to do with the working versions of pdftotext and pdftops.
> > I think I am missing one man page that ought to be included. He is busy
>
> Man page can also be searched. In google, search "pdftotext manual" or
> "manual pdftotext".

The documentation for pdfimages refers to xpdfrc(7) which Doug did not
include. It explains how to create .xpdfrc, which may be needed for
pdfimages to work correctly. I don't have the file or the man page
on how to create it.