baslinux - Re: [BL] reading Excel files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] reading Excel files
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:37:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> There is more info at sdf.lonestar.org.
>
> I telnetted and tried to login in as 'new' and it wanted
>
> FEP command:
>
> No idea what this is. FEP and fep were not acceptable. Help did not give
> me any hints.

Here's what I got when I logged in as new, and then again as new
(two-tiered login procedure for this, for some reason):

Welcome to the SDF Public Access UNIX System - Est. 1987
In Europe? Try sdf-eu.org

Type 'help' for commands.

FEP Command: help

|what | what is the SDF public access UNIX? |
|teach | for teachers and UNIX class instructors |
|mkacct | create your own UNIX shell account |
|traceroute {host} | map a route to a specified host |
|ruptime | display system status |
|finger {user} | check if a login is available |
|software | ported and installed software packages |
|logout | disconnect from sdf.lonestar.org |

FEP Command:

Not sure why you didn't get this table. Maybe you should try it again?
Looks like the commands "what," "mkacct," "software" etc could all get you
further information. Did you try "Help," or "help"? You know already
that Linux/Unixish system commands are case-sensitive, right?

James