b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:31:55 +0200

Dear Dave.

I am surprised to see that you are not well informed, because I know that
you have worked a lot with the DSS. The manuscript P. Fouad 266 from the
second or first century BCE has YHWH in Aramaic script; 8Hev12Gr from the
first century BCE or first century CE has YHWH in Paleo-Hebrew Script:
4QLXXLevb from the first century BCE has the phonemic transcription IAO; P.
Oxy 50.3522 from around 50 CE has YHWH in Paleo-Hebrew script. No LXX or
LXX-like manuscript from BCE or the first century CE has KURIOS as a
substitute of YHWH.

I repeat my question: When all the LXX-manuscripots of which we know have the
tetragram or IAO, and the Chester Beatty manuscripts from the second century
CE has KS, is it correct to say that the Chester Beatty manuscripts have a
corrupt text as far as the name of God is concerned?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway

Mandag 10. Juni 2013 00:16 CEST skrev Dave Washburn