b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 3: 14/15 & three words about Aramaic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 3: 14/15 & three words about Aramaic
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:10:34 +0200

Dear Uri,

Your comments are well taken and may be true. My point was not that there is
no connection between HYH in Exodus 3:14 and YHWH in v 15, but rather that if
YHWH represents a verb HWH, there are no clues in the context to connect the
verb HYH with the supposed verb HWH. So if there is a connection, we cannot
know what it is.

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
Stavern