b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G. Geroux and the Name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Timothy Lawson <lostntym8 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G. Geroux and the Name
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:15:19 -0600

Jerry,
   I think you understand my perspective...however I speak more English than I understand...I've been told my first language was gobbledygook and that I spoke it right from the crib!

I wonder about point number 2 though. Was the Tetragrammaton left in the script and the vowel points of אדני inserted or was יהוה replaced with אדני? Also, when did this happen? I thought that was at the time of the Masoretes around CE 900.

T. Scott Lawson