b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Karie Masterson" <happyphilologist AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 18:24:09 -0700

Dear Karie,

True, it would be nice to have the complete lexicon intact and ready to use, but, on the other hand, look what can be done when you have to retype the whole lexicon:

    1)    You will find mistakes.
    2)    You will retain a lot of the material that you would not normally have retained.
    3)    If it does include grammatical items, then that will also help in the learning of the language.
    4)    You will be able to compare other lexicons.
    5)    You would have a great dissertation project. :)))
    6)    You will have done something that I would dare say that no one else on this list including the moderators and list owner have done with the possible exception of Karl (?); although I could be wrong on that.
    7)    I will let fill out the rest....

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III