b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 00:32:13 +0200

I'm not convinced, Karl, I think the Hebrew is gibberish. Consistent gibberish and (due to the sort of digitisation as part of a page layout, well-ordered gibberish), but gibberish. The people who do the archive.org digitisation don't really seem to pay much attention to language. They don't scan even Latin  with any attempt to treat it as Latin, and Greek too becomes nonsense. But the source image files are there if someone has good digitisation software.

Let's be grateful, though, that the stuff is there at all!

John
ان صاحب حياة هانئة لا يدونها انما يحياها
He who has a comfortable life doesn't write about it - he lives it