b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Query about Davidson's Analytical Lexicon
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:48:48 -0700

John:

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM, John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Which leads me to another question - is there any scanning software that scans pointed Hebrew to any approximation of accuracy?

As for the Davidson, the OCR will almost certainly only have been set for English. You'd have to type the Hebrew in manually if you wanted a coded text.

The gibberish doesn’t appear to be problems with OCR, rather incompatible encoding. I’ve worked with OCR, and have seen when it messes up, but this doesn’t look like OCR mess-up.

Perhaps Logos or similar has a digitised version?

While the original is out of copyright, the digitization may be under copyright (just like Bach’s music is out of copyright, but a particular performance can still be under copyright).

John Leake