b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] II Samuel vs. Patriarchal Narratives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] II Samuel vs. Patriarchal Narratives
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 01:45:52 +0000

But then, Karl, your argument depends on the patriarchal narratives being written by the patriarchs, who wrote about themselves in the third person. I'd love for us to be able to confirm this, but again, what is the evidence you have for this? Not even the texts themselves claim this. Do you have anything other than speculation?

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia