b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yohanan bin-Dawidh <yohanan.bin.dawidh AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:56:31 -0500

Shalom Rev. Bryant;
I, personally, agree with you and do not understand where Jim derives his data from for his premise. I do not adhere to the notion that Midyan is Mitanni, unless his claim is that the wife of 'Avraham, i.e. K'turah was Hurrian, and it was her, rather than 'Avraham who gave Midyan his name? The text of the Miq'ra places Midyan as the son of 'Avraham. And with regards to place names, the only way Midyan is linked with Mitanni, is if people form Mitanni uprooted themselves and moved to Kena'an, much like 'Avraham moved to Kena'an.
Sincerely,
Yohanan bin-Dawidh
Louisville, Kentucky

--