b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <kenneth AT messianicmistakes.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 15:07:59 -0800 (PST)

I wonder if Zipporah was saying that the baby was a bridegroom of blood to
her based on the circumcision and blood on the baby as I explained in my
first email. Maybe touching his feet was part of a Midian marriage ritual,
not meant literally, but done symbolically on the baby. I don't know what
unusual marriage rituals ancient people did, but that might explain touching
his feet. Most commentators say she threw his foreskin at Moses' feet,
instead of touching or hitting his feet, but I don't know if the verb
actually means that. I haven't seen it in the dictionary translated that way.

Kenneth Greifer