b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • To: kenneth AT messianicmistakes.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 4:25 bridegroom of blood
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 14:58:35 -0500 (EST)

Kenneth Greifer:

You wrote:  “If it says she circumcized her son and then touched his feet (symbolizing Moses coming to her) and said "because (that) a bridegroom of blood came to me" referring to the circumcision, it does not have to mean she was angry at all like most commentators say.  She [Zipporah] might have meant it in a nice way.”

If “Zipporah”/CPR -H is from MDYN, being the Hurrian state of Mitanni, and she has a Semiticized Hurrian name, then her name is based on the Hurrian common word sa-ap-ri, which means “angry”.  In my view, at Exodus 4: 25 that’s a really “angry” lady, who well lives up to the Hurrian meaning of her name.

Jim Stinehart

: