b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Sam 7:3 qamets or qamets-hatuph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Sam 7:3 qamets or qamets-hatuph
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:16:14 -0500

In the on-line mechon-mamre book (http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/ t08b07.htm) it is written
BILBABKA בִּלְבָבְךָ with a qamets under the second B.

The fact that the second B lacks an inner dot suggests to me that the xiriq under the first, pre-positioned, B is not "original", but is rather an override by the NAQDANIYM of an earlier different reading tradition.

Isaac Fried, Boston University