b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] a much bigger and relevant issue not exactly about Caleb

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] a much bigger and relevant issue not exactly about Caleb
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:24:27 +0000

Thanks for your thoughts, David. If you reread my post you'll see that what I
was objecting to was not that people did things that matched their name, but
that people HAD to have a name that matched what they did. The former is a
possibility. The latter is an absurdity.

You've offered some interesting etymologies for the names there. I'll have to
think more on them.

GEORGE ATHAS
Director of Postgraduate Studies,
Sydney, Australia