b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question re accent signs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: AMK Judaica <amkjudaica AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question re accent signs
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:49:52 -0400

rivka,

on the use (or non-use) of double accents for situations you describe, see
the discussion by yeivin in his keter aram tzova book, 1st hebrew ed., pp.
212-13, 233-34. i would assume that rav breuer also discuss this practice (or
non-practice) in tiberian mss.

searching the keter bar ilan for instances of double telisha ketana i came up
with gen 48:7, Deut 21:13, Ju 18:19, Jer 44:27, Ez 5:15, Es 6:13

Ari Kinsberg
MA, PharmD, RPh
Brooklyn, New York
Q-tips can save a life. If you haven't been swabbed for the bone marrow
registry, please click here.