b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Appositional Phrase vs. Adjectival Phrase

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: jimstinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Appositional Phrase vs. Adjectival Phrase
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:24:45 +0200

I feel, Jim, that the appositional view does not fit here.
What would "daughter of a man, a Canaanite (whose name was Shua)" mean? It
seems much more logical to say: "daughter of a Canaanitish man (whose name
was Shua)".

Remark: every girl in this world is a "daughter of a man"; there is no
exception! That's why you assumption makes no sense (to my mind).

So, in answer to your first question: KN(NY is an adjective.
In answer to your second question: look at every context where the word
dealt with is inserted and it will tell you the answer.

Kinds regards

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)